NOW PLAYING: it’s PHOTO FRIDAY #715!

Photography and Macs go hand-in-hand, and many AppleSwitcher members are photographers.
>>> Amazon Link <<<
Keef
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Keef »

“If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.”
~ John Waters ~

Tame

Re: NOW PLAYING: it’s PHOTO FRIDAY #715!

Post by Tame »

max

Post by max »

Time to publish that book, Bill....
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-- H.L. Mencken

freeradical

Post by freeradical »

Does the wind keep the top of that tree flat?

Tame

Post by Tame »

max wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:30 am
Time to publish that book, Bill....
I'm too picky...

Tame

Post by Tame »

freeradical wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:34 am
Does the wind keep the top of that tree flat?
Actually it has to do with there being no competition for the sun light. So this example of a red pine, with no other trees around it, grew up as far as it needed to start a crown.

Jimbo-C

Post by Jimbo-C »

Ten years ago
I'll look at it. Smoked a joint. Can't right now
-Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Jimbo-C wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Ten years ago
Nice Jim

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Tame wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:41 am
Shooting the same subject for years makes you a better photographer. Or at least it makes you better at shooting that subject. :wink: These are great, Bill.

Have any of these ever been shot up close to the tree? Do you know the land owner? I'd love to see what you could do with a closer angle.

Tame

Post by Tame »

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm
Tame wrote:
Shooting the same subject for years makes you a better photographer. Or at least it makes you better at shooting that subject. :wink: These are great, Bill.

Have any of these ever been shot up close to the tree? Do you know the land owner? I'd love to see what you could do with a closer angle.
I do know the owner and the guys that farm the land. In addition to a lady that was raised at the farmstead where this tree remains. I have a couple of finale shots planned for this spring and they will be very close and slightly more northerly than the usually south and east shots. These will be the cover or inside cover shots. I need a twenty plus megapixel camera for this so I'm borrowing one, I have not replaced ether of the Canons since they died. I know GAY! All but a few of these that I have posted have been made with my iphone, 4, 4s, 5s, SE, and XR. The other few were done with the old Oly 4/3 Otto suggested. I love the Oly's color, but it's not low light capable. I was looking at a mod'd Oly E-1 that does IR They pull out the filter or so it looks. So you can do the old night mode trick guys did with video cameras in the nineties. That would make for some very different shots of the tree. I've used the tripod for exactly one picture of the tree. These are literally out the window of the Jeep. :D

Jimbo-C

Post by Jimbo-C »

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:28 pm
Jimbo-C wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Ten years ago
Nice Jim
Thanks!
-Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Tame wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:57 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm
Tame wrote:

I do know the owner and the guys that farm the land. In addition to a lady that was raised at the farmstead where this tree remains. I have a couple of finale shots planned for this spring and they will be very close and slightly more northerly than the usually south and east shots. These will be the cover or inside cover shots. I need a twenty plus megapixel camera for this so I'm borrowing one, I have not replaced ether of the Canons since they died. I know GAY! All but a few of these that I have posted have been made with my iphone, 4, 4s, 5s, SE, and XR. The other few were done with the old Oly 4/3 Otto suggested. I love the Oly's color, but it's not low light capable. I was looking at a mod'd Oly E-1 that does IR They pull out the filter or so it looks. So you can do the old night mode trick guys did with video cameras in the nineties. That would make for some very different shots of the tree. I've used the tripod for exactly one picture of the tree. These are literally out the window of the Jeep. :D
Super gay, yes. My buddy's top of the line (or 2nd?) Canon (it's difficult to even type that word) EOS 5D Mark IV he paid $3500 for a couple years ago starts to get shitty at ISO 800. At 3200 it's terrible. My much older D800 is still gallery quality at ISO 800, and fine for event photography at 3200.

He blew his wad on it and an admittedly fine collection of lenses, some Canon 2.8 pro zooms, some Tokina Art Line or whatever they're called... an f1.4 24mm for instance. He has NO BACKUP BODY and shoots weddings regularly. He knows it's taboo, and he knows he's tempting Zeus to strike him down with great fury at one of these events. I've shot weddings with him. He's good now, after hanging out with me for 5 years and learning. But stubborn as hell.

He shoots scenics and makes long, 5-foot $800 metal prints. It's a great camera for that, not so much event work. But even there he's borked himself: he has no longer lens than 200mm. He goes out to Zion National Park and captures fine images, but has to shoot consecutive panos, then stitch them in Photoshop, which he's very good at. 100% impossible to tell.

So I've hounded him a little on the no 2nd body and that he should really have a f4 400mm, but no dice. You can lead a horse to water... I gave up. I don't want to be a nag like my mom was to me.

I figured you were shooting from a pull-off on the road. You post way too many to be getting out and walking across a field. No shame in that.

max

Post by max »

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:18 pm
Tame wrote:
I have not replaced ether of the Canons since they died. I know GAY! ...
Super gay, yes. My buddy's top of the line (or 2nd?) Canon (it's difficult to even type that word) EOS 5D Mark IV he paid $3500 for a couple years ago starts to get shitty at ISO 800. At 3200 it's terrible. My much older D800 is still gallery quality at ISO 800, and fine for event photography at 3200.

He blew his wad on it and an admittedly fine collection of lenses, some Canon 2.8 pro zooms, some Tokina Art Line or whatever they're called... an f1.4 24mm for instance. He has NO BACKUP BODY and shoots weddings regularly. He knows it's taboo,...
This is becoming quite a ghey thread.

BTW, in Asia 99% of DSLR's you see out there, are gay.....
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-- H.L. Mencken

Jimbo-C

Post by Jimbo-C »

max wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:26 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:18 pm
Tame wrote:
I have not replaced ether of the Canons since they died. I know GAY! ...

He blew his wad on it and an admittedly fine collection of lenses, some Canon 2.8 pro zooms, some Tokina Art Line or whatever they're called... an f1.4 24mm for instance. He has NO BACKUP BODY and shoots weddings regularly. He knows it's taboo,...
This is becoming quite a ghey thread.

BTW, in Asia 99% of DSLR's you see out there, are gay.....
Before digital I had a canon film camera and a couple lenses. When I went dslr Nikon had what I wanted while canon did not. For years I was glad as canon could not get their shit together regarding focus. Today, not counting mirrorless, I might go canon as skin tones,outside, are superior from what I have seen. Somewhere I have a pair of sandals...
-Matt

Jimbo-C

Post by Jimbo-C »

-Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic