Amazon & Dreamhost links

Mac and iPod Support for Mac OS X, Mac software, hardware, iTunes, and related peripherals.
Sandals >>> Amazon Link - You're OK, I'm OK. Sandals are OK. <<<
deletd user

Re: Amazon & Dreamhost links

Post by deletd user »

Thanks Matt for making this so easy.
I found both the step M-i-L and the M-i-L a nice Kindle Fire HD 16GB.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks much, Devo.

You guys punch over your weight something like 5X compared to my other site, when adjusted for Amazon revenue divided by pageviews/users.

max

Post by max »

We are your target demographics.....
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-- H.L. Mencken

Jimbo-C

Post by Jimbo-C »

max wrote:We are your target demographics.....
He has little choice... :mrgreen:
I'll look at it. Smoked a joint. Can't right now
-Matt

cccc

Post by cccc »

Jimbo-C wrote:
max wrote:We are your target demographics.....
He has little choice... :mrgreen:

Be careful so Devo doesn't mistake what you mean by target :wink:
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live."
- Jean-Paul Sartre -

Keef
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Keef »

matt wrote:You guys punch over your weight something like 5X compared to my other site, when adjusted for Amazon revenue divided by pageviews/users.
That's pretty amazing, considering how many active members there are on the Volvo forum.

PS: I read an article the other day called something like "10 Companies That Will Be Out of Business By Next Year". Volvo was one of the companies named.

Is it really that bad for Volvo?
“If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.”
~ John Waters ~

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Devo, any of these you? Just wondering/shot in the dark.

8GB 2X4GB Memory RAM for IBM eServer X-Series x3100 m4, x3250 m4, x3100 m3, x3200 m3, x3250 m3 240pin PC3-10600 1333MHz DDR3 UDIMM Memory Module Upgra Third Party $107.94 4.00% 1 $107.94 $4.32 Desktop
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable (9.8 Feet/3.0 Meters) Amazon.com $5.99 4.01% 1 $5.99 $0.24 Desktop
Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable in Blue 6 Feet Third Party $5.99 4.01% 1 $5.99 $0.24 Desktop
Intel Xeon E3-1245V2 3.4GHz 4 Core Processor BX80637E31245V2 Amazon.com $267.88 4.00% 1 $267.88 $10.72 Desktop
Intel Xeon Quad-Core E3-1240V2 3.4GHz 5.0GT/s 8MB LGA1155 Processor, Retail BX80637E31240V2 Amazon.com $259.99 4.00% 1 $259.99 $10.40 Desktop
SanDisk Cruzer Force CZ71 16 GB Metal USB Flash Drive (SDCZ71-016G-B35) Third Party $7.25 4.00% 1 $7.25 $0.29 Desktop
XFX AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card - RETAIL Third Party $80.39 4.01% 1 $80.39 $3.22 Desktop
Electronics
APC BR1000G Back-UPS Pro 1000 Uninterruptible Power Supply Amazon.com $128.99 4.00% 1 $128.99 $5.16 Desktop

Ceebs? ;-)
Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam (Q2F-00013) Amazon.com $49.99 4.00% 1 $49.99 $2.00 Desktop

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

>>> Amazon Link <<<

Thank you if you use it. If you don't, please suck a male camel's dick.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Here's my cut

Thanks again for using that link. You guys punch above your weight compared to my Volvo forum.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks to all link-clickers. AS was a little more than a quarter of last month's gross. Again, when pageviews are considered you guys punch way way way over your weight. Especially Bill.

cccc

Post by cccc »

So if Bill puts on some pounds, your math would get all screwed up :mrgreen:
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live."
- Jean-Paul Sartre -

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Calculations can handle up to 50% of TUBBY™s weight before things break... so no worries with Bill.

Pat

Post by Pat »

Starting with the Amazon link, then going to the product page, is your referral in this link? Or do you not get anything on these type of items?

"http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-House-80 ... 897&sr=1-1"

Or is it all contained in cookies? I've tried the link I have bookmarked, the one posted above and I can never see a unique identifier once I get to a product page.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Pat, that link doesn't include a tag. To answer your other question, yes, you can have a product page and URL that doesn't have the AS tag in the URL, but still be valid.

It could have been any number of things that made the AS tag drop from your browsing/buying session. It used to be a few days (week?) that you could put an item in your cart that has the AS tag attached, and still be able to purchase it and credit my account. I suspect they've lowered that time window over the years.

There's an Amazon Associates link checker here https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp ... /main.html It's what I used to check your URL.

I doubt you'll be able to get to it unless you have an Associate account.

Failsafe method: go to any product's page, and simply add &tag=appleswitcher2-20 to the end of the URL. Then press Enter and put that in your cart.

Otherwise, don't bookmark or let products sit in your cart. Just use the AppleSwitcher Amazon link, find what you want and buy it.

Thanks for supporting AppleSwitcher, Pat. And everyone.

Pat

Post by Pat »

Got it. I'll have to manually enter the tag. It was the ASAmazon link that was bookmarked, not the product page.

ASAmazon link -> Sign in -> Product search = no referral
Sign in -> ASAmazon link -> Product search = no referral

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Bill, is this you: Cisco 48-PORT Catalyst Switch?

Keef
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Keef »

Matt - how do I make sure that my Amazon purchases benefit you? I need the whole walkthrough, I'm afraid I've forgotten it.

:oops:
~ John Waters ~

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is no way to verify it. Amazon does that on purpose. They want sales, but they want Associate sales to be lower... thus the ambiguity.

The rules are
How long do visitors have to add an item to their Shopping Cart after clicking on one of my Amazon links until I no longer earn advertising fees on their purchase?

In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases. However, if the customer then returns to Amazon.com through one of your Special Links, this opens a new 24-hour window for most Amazon sites or 30-day window for MyHabit.com.

It is of course possible that a customer may arrive at an Amazon site (including MyHabit.com) via your Special Link, add an item to his Shopping Cart, and then leave Amazon.com or MyHabit.com without placing an order. As long as the item was added to the customer's Shopping Cart during this 24-hour window for Amazon.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com, you will still earn an advertising fee if the order is placed before the Shopping Cart expires (usually after 90 days). The advertising fee will not be credited to your Associates account until the customer has purchased the item, accepted delivery, and remitted full payment to Amazon.com. For complete details, see the Operating Agreement
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp ... elp/t2/a11

Summary

Follow the AS-Amazon link.
Within 24 hours, add something to your cart.
Within 90 days, buy it.

Keef

Post by Keef »

matt wrote:Summary

Follow the AS-Amazon link.
Within 24 hours, add something to your cart.
Within 90 days, buy it.
Thanks.

The link I use to get to Amazon is this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redir ... itcher1-20

That is the ONLY way I get to Amazon, by the way. It's in my bookmarks bar, and that's how I always visit Amazon.

Just out of curiosity - earlier this year, I ordered a handicapped access ramp for my father (who was in a wheelchair).

Here is the item, which costs around $200 bucks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009Q ... ge_o03_s01

Can you tell if you were credited for it?
~ John Waters ~

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yep. You gave me $11.46 of Amazon's money. Thanks very much, Keef.

deletd user

Post by deletd user »

Without numbers you should post another list of the crap we buy.

Keef

Post by Keef »

matt wrote:Yep. You gave me $11.46 of Amazon's money. Thanks very much, Keef.
Fuckin' A!

Thank God. I've made a SHIT TON of Amazon orders recently. 42 orders this year, actually.

A lot of these orders were made very quickly, under duress, etc. A lot of dad stuff, which I bought in rush, not much time to think, stressed out. We didn't have a car for months, Amazon became my primary means of shopping for virtually all non-grocery items.

Of course, AFTER I made all these orders, I thought "Holy shit! What about Matt's Amazon thing?!"

I'm really glad to hear you got credited for those items. Now I'm off the self-imposed guilt hook!

:)
~ John Waters ~

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic