Ted Kennedy says Bush's policies makes the US less safe ...

Mac and iPod Support for Mac OS X, Mac software, hardware, iTunes, and related peripherals.
Sandals >>> Amazon Link - You're OK, I'm OK. Sandals are OK. <<<
$tevie

Post by $tevie »

Pete, don't you ever stop to wonder why you are the only one here who is talking like Angelique and Fashionable Fellah? Doesn't this show you how f-ed up you are? If indeed they weren't merely other nicks that you assumed.

Guitarman

Re: bizarre

Post by Guitarman »

$tevie wrote:What is the deal with people saving old threads and old posts?

Try telling one of your "real life" friends that you collect and save old messages from internet bulletin boards. Let's see what their reaction is.
its the pastime of crazed lunatics who live in basement studio apts with hotplates instead of stoves and bomb making eguipment next to the computer.

Canwit Stinger

Your moronic ineptness is not a defense…

Post by Canwit Stinger »

dr. vinnie baby wrote:"What is the deal with people saving old threads and old posts?"

textbook examples of chronic, possibly terminal, anal-retentiveness. cantshit's world vitually revolves around various anal obsessions.

Impersonating a physician and attempting to practice psychiatry without a license, pervert? That's against the law. Your moronic ineptness is not a defense. The alternative, of course, is that you're just so fscked in the head you can't stop yourself. Is that it, chump? Are you a criminal, or criminally insane?

If you refresh this page, see if you don't see that this sig looks just the same, yet is imperceptibly different: a mystery.

Canwit Stinger

Dealchat searches don't turn up pulled threads…

Post by Canwit Stinger »

$tevie wrote:Pete, if you can't see the difference between doing a search on dealmac to quote someone, and saving things onto your hard drive, then you are farther gone than your blatantly insane prose indicates.

That isn't even a nice try, harridan. Dealchat searches don't turn up pulled threads. Your idiocy expands to fill the threads in which you participate.

If you refresh this page, see if you don't see that this sig looks just the same, yet is imperceptibly different: a mystery.

Canwit Stinger

I deny the allegation. STFF…

Post by Canwit Stinger »

$tevie wrote:Pete, don't you ever stop to wonder why you are the only one here who is talking like Angelique and Fashionable Fellah? Doesn't this show you how f-ed up you are? If indeed they weren't merely other nicks that you assumed.

I deny the allegation. STFF.

Canwit Stinger

Guitarman's Mondo Bizarro…

Post by Canwit Stinger »

Guitarman wrote:

Try telling one of your "real life" friends that you collect and save old messages from internet bulletin boards. Let's see what their reaction is.
its the pastime of crazed lunatics who live in basement studio apts with hotplates instead of stoves and bomb making eguipment next to the computer.

I can understand your being upset at having your bigotry thrown in your face, Guitarman, particularly when it reveals your hypocrisy, as well. I own multiple properties, and have never been stupid enough to own a Le Car. Get any change in the hat, today?

$tevie

Post by $tevie »

Pete, I have NEVER quoted a "pulled thread".

If you are saying I did, then you might be, dare I say it, a liar. What irony!

I ought to know whether or not I save old threads to my hard drive, and the fact is, I do not. I actually think it is very bizarre behavior.

If you can find me quoting a "pulled thread" in the entire history of dealmac (although I am not sure how you will discern if I am quoting a thread that had not been pulled at that moment, and thus inadvertently quoting a "pulled thread"), I would love to see it.

Guitarman

Re: Guitarman's Mondo Bizarro…

Post by Guitarman »

Canwit Stinger wrote: 
Guitarman wrote:

I can understand your being upset at having your bigotry thrown in your face, Guitarman, particularly when it reveals your hypocrisy, as well. I own multiple properties, and have never been stupid enough to own a Le Car. Get any change in the hat, today?

hey laffey what exactly do you do for a living? run an anthrax farm on the wall of your bathroom?

Canwit Stinger

Bizarre or not…

Post by Canwit Stinger »

$tevie wrote:Pete, I have NEVER quoted a "pulled thread".

I ought to know whether or not I save old threads to my hard drive, and the fact is, I do not. I actually think it is very bizarre behavior.

If you can find me quoting a "pulled thread" in the entire history of dealmac (although I am not sure how you will discern if I am quoting a thread that had not been pulled at that moment, and thus inadvertently quoting a "pulled thread"), I would love to see it.

I have neither said nor implied that you saved threads, or even parts thereof, to your hard drive, nor do I have any evidence that you have ever done so. Although it remains a possibility, it isn't presently germane. You're entirely welcome to your opinion, but it should be obvious to you that we disagree as to whether or not saving posts or threads is "bizarre."

My point was that the only way to accurately remember and quote posts and threads, should one wish to do so, is to save them to disk, because a post or thread may later disappear. Of course, if the software allows it, posts themseves may be alterable. If one were to engage a mod, under d'chat's former software, a discussion could be altered beyond recognition.

The cornfield holds too many posts that some people, and I am one, put some fair amount of time and research into, only to have someone come along later and get the thread pulled, whether intentionally or not. I have the luxury of fairly large storage capacity, and find it useful for saving time on topics of interest to me that tend to repeat, that I find particularly valuable from other posters, or that I think I might like to refer to for any other reason. If I can remember key words or phrases, or the names of posters, Sherlock generally narrows things down fairly quickly.

Guitarman

Re: Bizarre or not…

Post by Guitarman »

Canwit Stinger wrote: 
$tevie wrote:Pete, I have NEVER quoted a "pulled thread".

I have neither said nor implied that you saved threads, or even parts thereof, to your hard drive, nor do I have any evidence that you have ever done so. Although it remains a possibility, it isn't presently germane. You're entirely welcome to your opinion, but it should be obvious to you that we disagree as to whether or not saving posts or threads is "bizarre."

My point was that the only way to accurately remember and quote posts and threads, should one wish to do so, is to save them to disk, because a post or thread may later disappear. Of course, if the software allows it, posts themseves may be alterable. If one were to engage a mod, under d'chat's former software, a discussion could be altered beyond recognition.

The cornfield holds too many posts that some people, and I am one, put some fair amount of time and research into, only to have someone come along later and get the thread pulled, whether intentionally or not. I have the luxury of fairly large storage capacity, and find it useful for saving time on topics of interest to me that tend to repeat, that I find particularly valuable from other posters, or that I think I might like to refer to for any other reason. If I can remember key words or phrases, or the names of posters, Sherlock generally narrows things down fairly quickly.

so in other words. sitting at home in your underpants eating cheetohs and posting to forums is obviously your job. because with all that cross checking and fact checking and storing of posts you certainly do treat it like one.

Canwit Stinger

Post by Canwit Stinger »

Guitarman wrote:
Canwit Stinger wrote: 
Guitarman wrote: its the pastime of crazed lunatics who live in basement studio apts with hotplates instead of stoves and bomb making eguipment next to the computer.

hey laffey what exactly do you do for a living? run an anthrax farm on the wall of your bathroom?

What a zinger! You must have professional comedy writers on staff! How will I ever cope with the enormity of the psychological blow you've just dealt so effectively?

Search Brand X, goofball.

Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Canwit Stinger wrote:
Guitarman wrote:
Canwit Stinger wrote:   

What a zinger! You must have professional comedy writers on staff! How will I ever cope with the enormity of the psychological blow you've just dealt so effectively?

why should i have to go to all of that trouble when you probably have a full copy of the entire brand x forum downloaded and crossindexed on one of your drives. just pull it up and post it.

Canwit Stinger

Re: Bizarre or not…

Post by Canwit Stinger »

Guitarman wrote:so in other words. sitting at home in your underpants eating cheetohs and posting to forums is obviously your job. because with all that cross checking and fact checking and storing of posts you certainly do treat it like one.

Yup. You got me. Pay's lousy, but I make my own hours, you hypocritical bigot. Lemme know if you wanna sell that crystal ball of yours. I figure I could move out of the basement and into a double-wide, and maybe even take care of my retirement that way. Heck, with just one lucky lottery ducat, I could be somebody.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Canwit Stinger

Post by Canwit Stinger »

Guitarman wrote:
Canwit Stinger wrote:  

why should i have to go to all of that trouble when you probably have a full copy of the entire brand x forum downloaded and crossindexed on one of your drives. just pull it up and post it.

Why? Because you don't, dummy.

max

Re: Ted Kennedy says Bush's policies makes the US less safe

Post by max »

Some threads, disappointingly, go nowhere...
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-- H.L. Mencken

freeradical

Re: Ted Kennedy says Bush's policies makes the US less safe

Post by freeradical »

Who is Canwit Stinger?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic