Macbook Pro Beep

Mac and iPod Support for Mac OS X, Mac software, hardware, iTunes, and related peripherals.
Sandals >>> Amazon Link - You're OK, I'm OK. Sandals are OK. <<<
Karlos

Macbook Pro Beep

Post by Karlos »

My Macbook Pro 2010 i5 just beeped. :O

It was a single beep and not the three beeps that some speak of. It happened about three or for times over about a ten minute period... just rebooted and am about to back-up my HD to Time-machine, any comments, suggestions or advice would be welcome, just hoping it is nothing at present.

God bless.
In Christ Jesus, Karl.

cccc

Re: Macbook Pro Beep

Post by cccc »

Probably nothing to sweat about, but if you feel so inclined check that the RAM is seated properly.
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live."
- Jean-Paul Sartre -

Jimbo-C

Post by Jimbo-C »

Yeah, make sure the ram is seated properly. If it still beeps, it's just the NSA.
I'll look at it. Smoked a joint. Can't right now
-Matt

cccc

Post by cccc »

Karlos wrote:My Macbook Pro 2010 i5 just beeped. :O

It was a single beep and not the three beeps that some speak of. It happened about three or for times over about a ten minute period... just rebooted and am about to back-up my HD to Time-machine, any comments, suggestions or advice would be welcome, just hoping it is nothing at present.

God bless.
In Christ Jesus, Karl.
Nope it was "nothing at present", the trouble is all ahead of you :mrgreen:
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live."
- Jean-Paul Sartre -

Karlos

Post by Karlos »

No issue yet guys... running perfectly after a reboot. I have seen a video on Youtube where I guy had a similar issue with an old white Macbook, nothing sorted it until he cleaned the logic board. Two of the feet have come away from my MBP exposing the interior to the grubby surface of my desk... maybe I'll purchase a secondhand base plate off of eBay [Spares or Repair]... it'll be easier than taking a chisel to my desktop.

As for it being the NSA, being in the UK it is more likely to be their subservient known here as the GCHQ, one of the 'Five Eyes'... cough splutter... protecting us from Islamic bogeymen, while all the time leaving our borders wide open for anyone who wishes to walk right on in.

God bless.
In Christ Jesus, Karl.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic